NIKON D780 DSLR CAMERA (BODY ONLY)
Mixing a contemporary imaging approach with traditional form and function, the Nikon D780 is a versatile DSLR excelling in both photography and video applications. Featuring a 24.5MP full-frame CMOS sensor, high-resolution stills and video recording are possible, and the sensor features a BSI design for heightened clarity and reduced noise levels to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. This sensor also enables a wide sensitivity range from ISO 100-51200, which can be expanded to ISO 50-204800, along with a quick 7 fps shooting rate with the viewfinder or 12 fps in live view. This sensor also permits UHD 4K video recording up to 30 fps using either full-frame or cropped areas. Full HD recording up to 120 fps is available, too, along with integrated N-Log Gamma and HLG settings for refined color control.
Complementing the imaging, when working with the viewfinder, a 51-point phase-detection autofocus system is available, which includes 15 cross-type points for greater accuracy in low-light conditions. When working in live view or recording video, a 273-point Hybrid AF system is used that blends on-sensor phase-detection points and a contrast-detection system for quick performance and excellent subject tracking, including support for Eye-Detection AF.
At its core, the D780 relies on the familiarity and tradition of a DSLR, including a 0.7x-magnification pentaprism optical viewfinder, along with a large 3.2″ 2.36m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD. Dual UHS-II SD memory card slots offer flexible storage and built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth also enable wireless file transferring along with remote camera control from a mobile device.
24.5MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Processor
51-Point Multi-CAM 3500 II AF Sensor
UHD 4K Video Recording
Rounding out the video capabilities, the D780 also integrates the N-Log gamma for capturing flat-looking footage that maximizes dynamic range and color grading control during post-production. HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) can also be used to produce HDR content. Other additions are the ability to output high-quality 10-bit data over HDMI and an Electronic VR function for smooth handheld shooting. Focus Peaking can be used to benefit manual focus control and a Zebra Stripes option is also available to help detect over-exposed areas within the frame. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality, and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.
Additionally, beyond video recording, in-camera time lapse recording is also possible, with the ability to record sequential 2MP stills at 120 fps.
273-Point Hybrid AF System
- A bright pentaprism optical viewfinder covers 100% of the frame with a 0.7x magnification.
- Large 3.2″ 2.36m-dot rear LCD screen features a tilting design to suit working from high and low angles. It is also a touchscreen, and affords intuitive control over playback, menu navigation, and touch AF and touch shutter functions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable wireless transferring of files and remote camera control from linked mobile devices via the Nikon SnapBridge app.
- Dual SD memory card slots both support the UHS-II standard for fast read/write speeds and enable more flexible file storage, such as overflow recording and in-camera file duplication.
- EN-EL15b lithium-ion battery provides approximately 2260 shots per charge.