- High-sensitivity recording at up to ISO 32000 and Dual Base ISO (800/2500).
- Record in 10-bit 4:2:2 using advanced XAVC HS and XAVC S-I formats.
- Full pixel readout from the 6K sensor creates high-quality UHD 4K video at up to 60 fps.
- High-speed shooting is possible in 4K at up to 120 fps with a 1.6x crop and in Full HD up to 240 fps.
- The HDMI output supports 16-bit raw video to select, separately available recorders.
Filmmakers will be able to capture images that are immediately ready to publish for projects with fast turnarounds or opt for maximum quality and flexibility in post thanks to a wide array of picture control options:
- S-Cinetone uses the same color science as Sony’s advanced cinema cameras, including the VENICE line, with natural midtones, soft colors, and smooth highlight roll-off.
Professional features will help ensure beginners to professionals can make the most of the FX30. This includes three log shooting modes:
- Flexible ISO uses standard ISO settings for simple operation and the greatest flexibility.
- Cine EI ensures maximum dynamic range capture by recording at a manually selected base ISO setting and applying adjustments to metadata for monitoring and post-production.
- Cine EI quick will automatically switch between the two base ISO settings for easier operation and great quality.
Enjoy high-speed and highly accurate autofocus performance in every mode, including 4K up to 120 fps, using an advanced Fast Hybrid AF system that uses 495 points spread across 90% of the image sensor.
- Real-time Eye AF and Real-time Tracking will track the eyes of humans and animals.
- AF Assist function will automatically switch to manual focus with a turn of the lens’ focus ring.
- Focus Map makes it easier to visualize the region of focus in your scene
Plenty of Sony’s cinema features have found their way into the FX30:
- Breathing compensation works with select lenses in 4K up to 60p in camera or up to 120p using Catalyst software after recording.
- Timecode sync input with optional VMC-BNCM1 Timecode Adapter Cable
- Tally lights for an easy indication that the camera is recording.
Metadata recorded includes:
- Embedded LUT and Exposure Index (EI) data.
Lightweight and compact, the FX30 (in a design that matches the FX3) offers users the ability to shoot without needing a cage.The body features multiple threaded mounting points that are ideal for accessories and a Multi Interface Shoe that supports advanced accessories.
- Lightweight body weighs just 1.2 lb.
- Dedicated zoom rocker.
- Fully customizable button layout.
- Five 1/4″-20 threaded mounting points for accessories.
- Multi Interface Shoe supports advanced accessories.
- Timecode sync is available through the use of the separately available VMC-BNCM1 Timecode Adapter Cable.
- Multi Interface Shoe supports advanced accessories, including the optional XLR Handle Unit.