Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Overview
Hands-On Review: Sony 85mm + 24-70mm G Master Lenses Deliver Superb IQ
The Standard Zoom Refined
A fast, standard zoom favored for its versatility, is a wide-angle to short telephoto lens featuring advanced G Master optics, a robust physical design, and a bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture. A go–to lens for a variety of shooting situations, the 24-70mm f/2.8 is a perfect choice for anything from landscape to sports to portraiture subjects.
Uncompromising Optical Design
- As part of Sony’s esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations.
- Of the three aspherical elements incorporated in the lens design, one is an XA element with superior surface precision to effectively reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations from imagery.
- One extra-low dispersion element and one Super ED element are featured in the lens design and help to control chromatic aberrations and reduce color fringing for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture maintains consistent performance from wide-angle to telephoto focal length positions and also contributes to greater selective focus control.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Fast Focusing and Reliable Performance
- Direct Drive Super Sonic wave AF motor and internal focus mechanism provide quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contribute to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- A focus hold button and AF/MF switch are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- A dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
There are no reviews yet.