Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS Overview
A compact and weather-resistant option, the
Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens from Sony will satisfy nearly all the wide-angle needs of full-frame E-mount shooters. The flexible wide zoom is characterized by a constant f/4 maximum aperture, making this an ideal lens for street, landscapes, cityscapes, and other subjects requiring a broad field of view and the inherent versatility of a zoom.
- Based on the Sony Vario-Tessar T ZEISS Tessar optical concept, this lens uses a design with 12 elements in ten groups that helps ensure a smaller overall lens size along with reduced flaring, distortion, and chromatic aberrations.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also lends greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field techniques.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Sony Vario-Tessar T ZEISS* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- Three extra-low dispersion glass elements are featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Five aspherical elements, including one large-diameter Advanced Aspherical (AA) element, are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera’s sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- A linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.